DIY: Burger bar for your backyard party.
It’s summer, if a backyard party isn’t on your mind, it should be. You can skip the typical BBQ menu and try something new this summer.
Burger bars are cute, trendy, and easy to do. Make it a slider burger bar and guests won’t feel quite as stuffed as after eating an entire 1/4 lb. patty or more. Burgers bars add a little flair to your typical summer backyard party. You can stick with traditional toppings or give your guests a little flare they wouldn’t expect. You only need a few essentials to make your burger bar dreams a reality:
- Small containers- rustic tins are all the rage, come in multipacks, and highly affordable
- Plasticware- Spoons or knives for serving condiments; wooden sticks work too
- Labels- Stickers, paper, whatever works best for you
- Sign/ banner- To indicate the burger bar is open for business; you don’t need to overdo it with decor, but a sign is always an attention grabber and a party hit
Lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, you know the drill. Ketchup, mustard, and mayo are a must but here are some unique flavor twists.
For an Italian flare, include these ingredients in your burger bar:
- Romaine lettuce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
Chips & Guacamole sliders
Don’t choose one or the other, put chips and guacamole on the burger for a flavor explosion.
- Tortilla chips
Fact: breakfast is good any time of day. Impress your guests with breakfast burger options they will love.
- Egg (usually over-easy or over-medium)
- Cheese (Provolone works especially well)
Yet another classic. There is something about the flavors of teriyaki and pineapple that people totally favor.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Jack cheese
Sriracha is the key to any Asian inspired burger. Add this and a few other condiments to give them an Asian taste explosion they will adore.
- Won ton strips
Mushroom & Swiss
You cannot forget this classic when serving up sliders. All you need is:
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Swiss cheese
- French dip (or French dip salad dressing)
- If there’s one thing for sure about living in N...
- Drunk is drunk. Its science really. You might t...
- As summer comes to an end, you might be feeling...
- Try this as a conversation starter at your next...
- Drinking alcohol is not exactly like hav...