Health Benefits of Whiskey
Whiskey is becoming an increasingly popular drink, not only in 2019 alone, but especially during the holiday season.
There’s nothing new about it. Whiskey has been the same for decades, and yet new generations continue to find it more and more appealing?
Perhaps it’s due to its many surprising health benefits, so that while drinking it, you just don’t feel quite as guilty.
1. Whiskey helps with weight loss. Just remember that helping with weight loss doesn’t mean it’s the only thing you should be doing to lose weight. Nothing beats a healthy diet and regular exercise, but with so few calories and no carbs, whiskey helps you feel fuller longer, therefore you just won’t eat as much with a glass of whiskey in hand.
2. Whiskey helps control diabetes. When whiskey ages in a barrel, it gains ellagic acid. This acid controls how much glucose is released into the body, thus controlling diabetes, and it has no sugar itself.
3. Whiskey fights cancer. It seems that ellagic acid isn’t only helpful with diabetes. Ellagic acid helps absorb rogue cells that could otherwise cause cancer. It also contains antioxidants that the body needs to prevent cancer.
4. Whiskey is good for colds. There are plenty of home remedies that everyone in the world swears by: honey, lemon, and cinnamon to name a few; but you’ll need to add whiskey to that list. Whiskey is known to dilate the blood vessels, making it easier to fight the infection.
5. Whiskey declines the onset of dementia. The antioxidants found in whiskey help the brain improve memory, retain more information, and slow the occurrence of dementia.
6. Whiskey increases your overall longevity. In addition to your brain, the antioxidants in whiskey can improve just about every part of your body overall, to keep you going longer, stronger, and with more strength than ever.
7. Whiskey has no fat, carbs, or sugar. If you’re looking for a drink that will relax you after a long day, but not unhinge you from your typical sense of being, try whiskey. With no fat, carbs, or sugar you can sip on it worry-free of the consequences it may have on your figure— there are none.
- Did all your friends bail on the party, and sud...
- You may have seen alcohol-infused fruit recipes...
- Traveling to different breweries and trying dif...
- There is no doubt that Zoom meetings leave us a...
- While some states have begun lifting stay at ho...