Milk and Cookies meet: Milk and Alcohol
PpIf you’re an adult, you want adult milk and cookies, aka milk and your favorite alcohol. Although this combination may not sound like the most appetizing at first, you’d be amazed by the endless possibilities of milk and alcohol. Any one of the following recipes is a sure-fire hit, so we recommend you give them a try!
Ditch the glass of milk for this upgraded version, milk punch!
- 1/2 cup ice
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
Pour bourbon, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla into a shaker and fill 1/2 with ice. Shake until sugar is completely dissolved. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
You’ll be surprised by how delicious and sophisticated this drink is.
- 2 1/2 cups grappa (or unflavored vodka)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (grated)
- 1/2 lemon (seeded and chopped, with rind)
Combine all ingredients in a glass container with air-tight lid. Shake well- it will look curdled. Set in cool dark place and shake everyday for 10 days. Line a colander with cheesecloth and drain liquid. Then, use a coffee filter over a sieve to ‘filter’ liquid again up to 24 hours.
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
Talk about grownup hot chocolate. Just wait until you try it.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups red wine (fruity, such as Merlot, Shiraz, or Zinfandel)
- cinnamon sticks
- cocoa powder
Whisk chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, and cinnamon in large saucepan. Add milk and simmer about 5 mi it’s. Stir in salt. Remove from and add wine. Serve and enjoy!
Grown up Chocolate Milk
Seriously, if you thought nothing could beat chocolate milk, you haven’t tried grown up chocolate milk.
- 1 ounce Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 ounce cinnamon liqueur
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 3 ounces whole milk
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- marshmallow creme
- 2 ice cubes
Combine Godiva, Bailey’s, cinnamon, milk, heavy cream, and ice in cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into glasses over ice. Top with marshmallow cream and chocolate syrup.
Hot Honey Rum Milk with Tumeric
You’ll love this exotic drink down to the last drop!
- 300 milliliters whole milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 50 milliliters rum
Pour milk into a saucepan on medium heat. Stir in honey and tumeric as it warms up. Remove milk before it boils. Pour into mugs and stir in rum. Yum!
- If there’s one thing for sure about living in N...
- Drunk is drunk. Its science really. You might t...
- As summer comes to an end, you might be feeling...
- Try this as a conversation starter at your next...
- Drinking alcohol is not exactly like hav...