Scotchtober: 5 drinks you’ve never heard of with scotch
A good scotch is timeless, season-less, limitless. This means you can enjoy a drink any time of year, with just about anything.
While surely you have your scotch favorites, let these new drinks warm your soul this spooky season.
1. Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
So good you’ll have to say it three times. This drink blends together all of the finest scotches for the most sophisticated flavor you never knew existed. You’ll need:
• 1 oz Glenmorangie 10 yr. Scotch
• 1 oz David Nicholson 1843 Bourbon
• .75 oz Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
• .25 oz Grand Marnier
• 1 tsp grenadine
• 1 tsp Laphroaig (float)
• Orange peel
2. Blood Orange Whiskey
You’ve never had whiskey like this before. With the sweet flavors of a deep blood orange and the spicy flavors of a fresh jalapeño, it’ll be your new go-to drink every time.
• 1 cup blood orange juice
• 2 tbs. Agave
• ½ cup whiskey
• 1 medium jalapeño
3. The Melisandre
This delicious scotch cocktail combines a smoky flavor with fresh fruit. It’s delicious any time of year, so get sipping.
• 1.5oz Monkey Shoulder scotch
• .5oz Cocchi Americano
• .5oz Amaro Montenegro
• .75oz St. George raspberry brandy
• .25oz St. George raspberry liqueur
4. Crunch Time
This cocktail truly upholds it’s name. With 12 year aged scotch, unique spices, and hints of amaro, this drink boasts flavor. All you need is:
• 2oz Aberfeldy 12-year scotch
• .25oz Amaro Montenegro
• .25oz Drambuie
• 1 dash Angostura Bitters
• 2 dashes Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters
5. Blood and Sand
For a drink that’s as beautiful as it is delicious, choose this one of a kind blood and sand cocktail. You need:
• 0.75 ounce Johnnie Walker Black scotch
• 0.75 ounce cherry liqueur
• 0.75 ounce sweet vermouth
• 0.75 ounce orange juice
• 1 thin strip orange zest
- Outer Banks has quickly become one of Netflix’s...
- Did all your friends bail on the party, and sud...
- You may have seen alcohol-infused fruit recipes...
- Traveling to different breweries and trying dif...
- There is no doubt that Zoom meetings leave us a...